Friday, December 12, 2008

R.I.Pizzle



Fuck yo

My favorite amnesiac kicked the bucket a couple o' weeks ago.
H.M. was one of the most renowned case-studied-brothas in the history of memory research.

The research having to do with H.M. is what developed the field of cognitive neuroscience AKA my bread and butta(he's also the guy the main character in memento is based on).

Anyfuckingbrain, H.M.'s case was the shit because it was the first time researchers realized there were different types of memory (declarative, working, long-term, motor etc.) he could remember the past but could not form new memories. H.M. would sit at the piano, not know he could play, and surprise himself by ripping out some Beethoven beats, but the doctors he worked with for decades had to reintroduce themselves every time that they saw him.

The reason I think I held this guy so near and dear is that I can totally relate to him. Through lots of research I have learned that I can experience a similar type of memory loss without the actual extraction of my hippocampus. I call it the W.H.I.S.K.E.Y. method or

White
Hoe
Is
Slops &
Kan't remember
Events or
Your face

Trial and error.

No comments: